At CitizenShipper, our goal is to keep expenses affordable and vehicle shipping services accessible to all. Here’s how:
- Listing a vehicle shipment on our marketplace is completely free of charge.
- Before you make a payment you can connect with drivers, review quotes, and negotiate any details of the shipment.
- After accepting a quote we add a modest Booking Fee.
- The Booking Fee is a separate expense that’s calculated automatically after you click “Book Driver.”
- The Booking Fee is in addition to the quoted price — it doesn't come out of the driver’s quote.
- You can review the breakdown of your expenses before confirming the shipment.
This fee scales with the shipment's total mileage as follows for vehicle transports:
Example of Vehicle Shipping Booking Fees
Let's say your shipment is 1800 miles long, looking at the table above, we see that this mileage is in the 1751-2000 mileage bin. That means the Booking Fee is $169.99.
- The Booking Fee is the only required upfront cost — you’ll be charged $169.99 immediately.
- You'll pay the driver as previously agreed upon.
Why Is There a Booking Fee?
You may wonder, “Why does CitizenShipper charge a Booking Fee?”
We use the revenue generated from your Booking Fee to improve our marketplace and ultimately, the customer experience for shippers and drivers.
Our drivers have the freedom to run their small businesses and be their own bosses — they set their own prices and routes. This is why we never take a cut from the driver’s quoted price.
If you have any further questions or concerns about the CitizenShipper Booking Fee for vehicle shipping, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team!
What to read next
For a comprehensive overview of CitizenShipper policies, check out this section of our Help Center.