At CitizenShipper, our goal is to keep expenses affordable and make shipping services accessible to all.
- Listing a shipment on our marketplace is completely free of charge — you can connect with drivers, receive quotes and negotiate the details before you pay.
- After you accept a quote, we add a modest Success Fee.
- The Success fee is a separate expense that’s calculated automatically after you click “Book Driver.”
- The Success Fee is in addition to the quoted price — it doesn't come out of the driver’s quote.
- You can review the breakdown of your expenses before confirming the shipment.
This fee scales with the driver's quoted price as follows for non-pet transports:
|Driver Quote||Success Fee|
|Up to $50||$14.99|
|$51 to $106||$19.99|
|$107 to $160||$29.99|
|$161 to $213||$39.99|
|$214 to $267||$49.99|
|$268 to $320||$59.99|
|$321 to $374||$69.99|
|$375 to $427||$79.99|
|$428 to $481||$89.99|
|$482 to $540||$99.99|
|$541 to $603||$109.99|
|$604 to $666||$119.99|
|$667 - $728||$129.99|
|$729 - $791||$139.99|
|$792 - $854||$149.99|
|$855 - $916||$159.99|
|$917 - $979||$169.99|
|$980 - $1042||$179.99|
|$1043 - $1105||$189.99|
|$1106 or more||$199.99|
For boat transportation, please refer to this table.
For pet transportation, please refer to this table.
For vehicle transportation, please refer to this table.
For motorcycle transportation, please refer to this table.
Example of the Standard Shipping Success Fee
Let's say a driver quotes you $400 for the shipment. Looking at the table above, we see that this quote is in the $375-$427 price range. That means the Success Fee is $79.99. Your total expense would be $479.99 — our fee represents about 16.6% of the cost.
- The Success Fee is the only required upfront cost — you’ll be charged $79.99 immediately.
- You'll pay the remaining $400 as agreed upon with the driver (typically on delivery).
Why Is There a Success Fee?
You may wonder, “Why does CitizenShipper charge a Success Fee?”
We use the revenue generated from your Success Fee to improve our marketplace and ultimately, the customer experience for shippers and drivers.
Our drivers have the freedom to run their small businesses and be their own bosses — they set their own prices and routes. This is why we never take a cut from the driver’s quoted price.
If you have any further questions or concerns about the CitizenShipper Success Fee, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team!
What to read next
For more on finding your way around the CitizenShipper platform, see the articles on making payments (2-min read) and booking a driver (2-min read).
For a comprehensive overview of CitizenShipper policies, check out this section of our Help Center.
Please sign in to leave a comment.