CitizenShipper is thrilled to announce our Secure Payments Program!
We implemented this exclusive new payment solution to ensure safe transactions between customers and drivers and allow customers to experience benefits of payment options that will unlock more bookings and generate more revenue to drivers as a result!
For shipments that are included in this program, the customer will submit one payment which covers both the CitizenShipper booking fee and the driver’s quote. The transaction will occur directly through the CitizenShipper platform and the funds will be processed upon booking of the shipment. The driver booked will receive their payment once the delivery is successfully completed and confirmed by both parties. Please see below for a step-by-step breakdown of how the Secure Payments flow works:
- When searching for shipments, keep an eye out for listings that include a green dollar sign in the top left corner coupled with a light green background. Any shipment with this symbol is part of the Secure Payments Program.
- To bid on these shipments, click on the listing and enter your quote in the “Place Bid” box. You will see your bid amount and a separate amount for what the customer sees. This difference in fees is present because the customer’s total price will include your bid and a service charge for processing payments and payouts. The service charge is approximately 5% of your total bid amount after the processing fees are added (or approximately 5.3% of your quote).
- When a customer accepts the bid, they will submit full payment for both the CitizenShipper booking fee and the driver’s quote. Driver payouts at this time, will be processed pending a confirmation that the shipment has been delivered.
- Upon winning your first secure payments shipment, you will be prompted to sign up to receive future payouts through Stripe Connect, a third-party service we will be using to issue driver payments. Please see the video below for an explanation of how the sign-up process works.
**Stripe requires some users to enable two-step authentication when using the Dashboard to provide an additional level of security. For more information visit this article: https://support.stripe.com/questions/two-step-authentication-requirement
Once you confirm you email address, you will be logged into your account dashboard:
From there, you will have the opportunity to view all information about your overall earnings, status of your payouts and history of all transactions for future tax filing purposes.
- The customer will receive two sets of PINS: One for pickup and one for delivery. When their pet has been successfully picked up, they will provide you their pickup PIN. You will then enter the PIN on the listing to mark the shipment as picked up. The same will occur on delivery. AFTER the customer’s pet has been successfully delivered, they will provide you with the delivery PIN. Go to the listing and click the “Mark Delivered” tab. You will then be prompted to enter the delivery PIN.
Please see this article for detailed information about PIN codes: PINs and how to use them
- Once we confirm the shipment has been successfully delivered, you can expect to receive your payment within 2-7 business days. You can view your payment status by logging into your Stripe Connect account.
**For shipments in our Secure Payments Program, the CitizenShipper cancellation policy will take priority over any personal driver refund policies**
To learn everything else regarding this exclusive opportunity, be sure to check out the following articles:
Secure Payments Program FAQs (For Drivers)
I won my first Secure Payments shipment, now what?
Canceled Shipments Policy (For Secure Payment Listings)