If your driver fails to make delivery as agreed, you might want to request a refund of the CitizenShipper booking fee. You are not eligible for a refund if the driver cancels more than 5 days before the scheduled pickup date. In this scenario, our support staff will assist you with finding a replacement driver. If canceled within 5 days of the pickup date, here are several examples of circumstances under which you could claim a refund.
You're eligible for a full refund of the CitizenShipper Booking Fee if...
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but they contact you later and claim they're having vehicle trouble.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but they have a family emergency and cannot complete a shipment.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but the driver fails to contact you within a reasonable amount of time.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but they fail to show up.
Refunds can also be made for cases of unexpected military deployment, or in the case of pet transport, if unforeseen health complications occur for the pet being transported. For both cases supporting official paperwork must be sent to the CitizenShipper support team, and the final decision will be made by our team based on the paperwork submitted.
Here are several examples of circumstances under which you are not eligible for a refund.
You're not eligible for a full refund of the CitizenShipper Booking Fee if...
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but change your mind later.
- You book a driver and they cancel more than 5 days before the scheduled pickup date.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but decide to ship the item yourself.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but then your friend offers to ship the item for you.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but the item doesn't match your shipment listing, affecting the driver's ability to pick up or deliver it as agreed.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but fail to provide the necessary information or documents for the delivery to take place.
- You book a driver, but then a third party (for example someone selling you an item/pet) cancels on you.
- You book a driver, and situations out of their control prevent pickup or timely delivery.
- You book a driver and pay the fee, but then decide to change the agreed-upon pickup or delivery dates, and your driver cannot accommodate this modified schedule.
We will perform an initial investigation as described below prior to issuing the refund. CitizenShipper is not responsible for any payments made to the driver, which is why we strongly recommend that you utilize payment methods that can be disputed should things not go according to plan.
If your shipment is not delivered for any reason, please fill out the Refund Request Form below to request a refund of the Booking Fee. Please provide supporting evidence that the driver canceled on you. Screenshots of text messages are sufficient, or a driver not showing up at the date and time agreed upon.
Upon receiving your canceled contract/refund request, we will contact the driver and confirm that the cancellation did occur. Drivers have up to 3 days to reply and confirm the cancellation. Refunds will be processed only after our investigation of the cancellation has been completed.
If a driver disputes that they canceled the shipment, then we open an investigation and gather as much information as possible to ensure a fair and equitable outcome. The investigation will take no longer than 2 weeks.
Any refund request must be made within 90 days of the initial payment. Any refund request after 90 days will be automatically considered null and void. CitizenShipper will ONLY refund the credit card used to make the purchase. Under exceptional circumstances, we may use PayPal to issue refunds. CitizenShipper cannot issue personal checks to process refunds.
On 12/28/2022, CitizenShipper launched Listing Upgrades, which come at a modest fee for customers. The listing upgrade fee is non-refundable, regardless of the eligibility for a refund of the Success Fee.