Life is never as predictable as we'd like it to be. Sooner or later, circumstances will conspire to prevent you from fulfilling your obligation to a customer. When that happens, we understand and sympathize.
However, we also understand that from the customer's perspective, cancellations can be a huge source of stress. We do our best to ensure that all CitizenShipper drivers are as reliable as possible.
Over the years, we've developed a cancellation policy that covers cases in which a driver cancels on a customer after having won a shipment.
Our customer support team will temporarily lock your account, and email you to confirm that you understand that we do have a cancellation policy. Once you confirm that you have read and understood the policy (by replying to customer support), your account will be unlocked.
Second and subsequent cancellations
Provided your account has a running average of less than 20% shipment cancellations over the previous 4 weeks, you will be allowed to continue to use CitizenShipper.
Once the cancellation rate rises above 20%, your account will be locked and you will be held responsible for the lost Success Fee from the most recent cancellation that pushed your account above 20%. Your account will be unlocked after we've received this payment.
If you have multiple shipments canceled after reaching the 20% limit, your unlock fee will be calculated based on the highest Success Fee lost among those shipments.
If a driver maintains a consistent cancellation rate over the 20% mark, the following fees will be due:
- Driver locked a second time within 4 weeks: 150% of the most recent Success Fee lost
- Driver locked a third time within 8 weeks: 200% of the most recent Success Fee lost
- Driver locked a fourth time within 12 weeks: 300% of the most recent Success Fee lost
- Driver locked a fifth time within 16 weeks: 400% of the most recent Success Fee lost
In addition to the above measures, we also reserve the right to temporarily lock a driver's account as an additional time-based penalty. We additionally reserve the right to extend the account lock to a permanent state in cases when all the policy terms have not resulted in breaking the pattern of repetitive cancellations.
Justified cancellations and exceptions
1. Although every shipment is unique, we understand that there may be times when a customer attempts to update the terms of the agreement after having selected you. Alternatively, the customer may have neglected to provide you with full details of the shipment.
If forced to cancel due to a situation like the ones outlined above, please be sure to email us at email@example.com and explain the situation. If the shipper is found to be at fault, we will be happy to reinstate your account with no cancellation penalty.
2. We understand that sometimes unexpected vehicle malfunctions or last-minute repairs need to be made. If this happens, and you need to cancel, please send our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) some proof that a repair was being performed (a bill from a garage is an example of proof). A repair/malfunction cancellation will not be subject to any penalties.
3. We understand that severe weather affects your ability or willingness to pick up a shipment. For cases of severe weather cancellations (especially during winter) again please email email@example.com to explain that weather was the cause of the cancellation.
Canceled shipments and negative reviews
We understand that a canceled shipment can lead to a negative review being left on your profile, which can be frustrating and affect your chances of winning future shipments. If a driver cancels on a shipper within 24 hours of being selected for the shipment, or 7 or more days before the pickup date, we'll remove any negative reviews left against you by a shipper.
We'll remove negative feedback in cases of justified cancellation as detailed above.