You can register as a driver in just a few easy steps.
- On the home page of the CitizenShipper website, click the Become a driver link in the navigational panel.
- On the signup page, check the boxes next to each category of item that you're interested in shipping.
- Before clicking "Sign Up Now!", please check the box below confirming that you've read and understood the terms of service.
And that's about it! We'll email you to confirm the registration – clicking the link in that email will take you to your Dashboard. From there, you'll be able to browse listed shipments, use our search tool to narrow or expand your delivery area, edit your profile, message potential customers, and much more.
Keep in mind, though, that before you start bidding on shipments, you'll have to submit the information required for our background screening, we also strongly recommend completing your identity verification before starting to bid on shipments. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our support team.
The following requirements only apply if you are a delivery driver that operates in interstate commerce on a full-time basis and/or your vehicle's weight rating exceeds 10,000 pounds.
The U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (“DOT”) regulates interstate motor carriers of property. The DOT has two registration requirements.
- Delivery drivers (or carriers) operating vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of greater than 10,000 pounds are required to obtain a DOT safety registration when operating in interstate commerce (e.g. crossing state lines). No such DOT safety registration is required for smaller vehicles such as automobiles, pickup trucks, minivans, and most cargo vans.
- Delivery drivers/carriers that make deliveries on a full-time basis in interstate commerce must have an MC registration in order to operate on an interstate basis. However, delivery drivers that only casually or occasionally make such deliveries are exempted from the MC registration under 49 U.S.C. § 13907(2). Specifically, this federal law states that no MC registration is required for “the casual, occasional or reciprocal transportation of property by motor vehicle in interstate or foreign commerce not engaged in transportation by motor vehicle as a regular occupation or business.
What to read next
For more advice on setting up your account, see the articles on profile settings (1-min read) and verifications (1-min read).
For advice on making your first steps on the CitizenShipper platform, see our Onboarding Guide.
For advice on winning shipments, see Bidding and payments.
I am trying to sign up to be a driver. Every time I try it sends me to the page to request a shipment delivery. Someone please tell me how to get signed up for this.
Ya me to why is this so difficult you should make this easy makes no sense
You can sign up to be a driver on our site by navigating to the following page: citizenshipper.com/registar
All you need to do is check off what you would like to ship, and provide a name, email and password to create an account:)
If you have other questions, feel free to review our help articles or message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to help out!
can ;you reactivate my acct or do I need to reapply?
Please sign in to leave a comment.